Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I contact Delegate Lierman’s office?

A: All of Delegate Lierman’s contact information is at the “Contact Brooke” page.

Q: How do I learn more about a specific piece of legislation in the General Assembly?

A: The Maryland General Assembly’s website makes it easy to track and learn more about different initiatives being introduced during the 90-day session. Here you can check the progress of the bill as it makes its way through the legislative process. If you are interested in learning more about the different steps of the process, take a look at this document provided by the Department of Legislative Services that gives an overview. Of course if you need any assistance or have questions about a specific issue, you can call my staff in Annapolis and they would be happy to assist you.

Q: How do I apply for a scholarship from the Delegate’s office?

A: Delegate Lierman’s scholarship program is open to residents of the 46th district who will be attending an institution of higher education in the state of Maryland or qualify for a unique major exemption in the upcoming school year. The application to apply for the scholarship program will be available in the beginning of January each year. If you have any additional questions please contact our office.

Q:  If I have an issue with a state agency, how should I contact them?

A: Our office can assist constituents who need guidance or help resolving issues with any of the following state agencies found on this list. We can help you with MVA problems, EZPass issues, State Tax questions and whole range of others. Our office can refer you to City, State and Federal contacts that will best be able to aid you in your inquiry.  Please contact our office at for more assistance.

Q: How should I contact a city agency if I have a problem?

A: The first step should be calling 311 or submitting an online request. Make sure you save your case number to ensure that your problem is resolved.  After that, feel free to email Del. Lierman’s office at, and we will be glad to assist you.

Q: How do I request a citation for a special achievement from the Delegate?

A: The General Assembly can provide a citation for retirement celebrations (20 years of service or more), birthdays (60 years or older), wedding anniversaries (25 years or more), Eagle Scout/Girl Scout Gold Awards, memorials and special community events. If you would like to request a citation from the Delegate, please contact our office two weeks in advance of the event so we can ensure enough time to have the citation printed and mailed.

Q: I would like Delegate Lierman to come speak at our community meeting/event, how do I make these arrangements?

A: Delegate Lierman makes every effort to attend important community meetings and hear what constituents care about. Please give at least 2 weeks notice of your event that you would like the Delegate to attend. If she cannot attend, we will try to send a staff member on her behalf.  Email her at, or with all the details.